Vitamin D is required for the regulation of the minerals Calcium and Phosphorus found in the body. This regulation plays an important role in maintaining the proper bone structure and healthy teeth. Vitamin D helps with Calcium absorption; a diet deficient in Calcium can lead to osteoporosis in later life. It has also been found that the occurrence of osteoarthritis is linked to low blood levels of Vitamin D. Supplementation of Vitamin D also leads to an increase in muscle strength thus helping to reduce falls in older people.
Vitamin D is mainly produced in our skin by a reaction that requires sunlight. Vitamin D is found in low levels in food thus requiring exposure to the sun to receive required amounts. There are two types of Vitamin D – Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) and Vitamin D3 (colecalciferol). Vitamin D2 is produced in plants and enters the body through diet. Vitamin D3 is thought to be more bioactive than Vitamin D2 and is used in Blooms Vitamin D3 1000IU. There is growing evidence to suggest that the required daily amount of Vitamin D required is 1000 IU, the amount found in one capsule.
Henry Blooms Vitamin D3 1000IU helps:
- Support and maintain bone mineralisation, health and strength.
- Maintain muscle function and strength.
- Support healthy immune and neuromuscular system function.
- Support healthy cardiovascular system function.
Supplementation provides the required amount which is unattainable from diet alone and without the dangers of exposure to sunlight.
Each soft gel capsule contains:
Colecalciferol 25 mcg (Vitamin D3 1000 IU)
Free from gluten, wheat, yeast, milk derivatives, lactose, artificial colours, flavours and preservatives. Contains residual sulphites and soya bean products.
- Vitamin D3 is more effective in raising blood levels of Vitamin D than Vitamin D2
- Vitamin D3 increases absorption of Calcium whereas Vitamin D2 does not
- Vitamin D3 binds to plasma proteins and isn’t excreted as easily from the body
- Vitamin D3 in its natural oily form
Adults: Take 1 capsule daily.
Vitamins can only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate. Store below 25°C away from sunlight.